Bruce (kor27) wrote,
Bruce
kor27

So, I've Managed to Break MySQL

I just tried changing a few fields over to UTF-8, so I could use the utf_general_ci collation (it's the only one that handles ÿ the way I want it to). I'm still simply playing with the web interface, and the interesting thing is that I now can't do a query that returns a large number of fields.

Like artists that contain "a".

I get "error 12" returned, which is apparently "out of memory."

The older stuff is working fine, so it just looks like the effort of dealing with character format translations is taking up huge amounts of memory.

When I have more time, I may just have to see what happens when I translate everything over to UTF-8.

Of course, I could also make snapshots of a lot of my "on-the-fly" modifications that occur during the sort process...
Subscribe

  • The Latest Dribble

    There's a show tonight, so I thought I'd list the recent additions, which includes a few requests that became available during the hiatus. The…

  • Some More

    Just a few new songs. Some requests, a couple that looked interesting. The track count is up to 23,952 and the unique song count is now 17,574.

  • Latest Bits

    I have just a few new songs, and I thought I'd share them. I'm pretty sure they're all requests. So this brings the track count to 23,940, and the…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments