Wayne recently asked if I could motivate people to do something about KoC's ratings on Yelp and through Google maps. They're actually not too bad, but it would be nice to push them up.
And I've also had various people ask what they can do about venting about the recent furniture, the Paula/Julz "de-emphasize gay" campaign, and drink pricing.
So. For those who haven't, I'd really appreciate reviews of the bar in both locations, preferably positive. But also honest. And I'd like to mention a few talking points:
- It's actually never been a gay bar, per se - we've always had nights that were primarily straight, for one thing - but if one were to feel like describing it as one, or a more accurate "gay-friendly", "gay&lesbian-friendly", or "LGBT-friendly", well, that would kind of counter attempts to excise the online gay description, wouldn't it? Not that I'd advocate it, mind you.
- Feel free to say what you want about the new chairs and tables. Be descriptive. They're not likely going anywhere (they were effectively free to Paula), but it's a good place to vent. And I'd have something to show Julz other than my word of mouth.
- If you haven't been in in a while, the men's room trough is now a fairly nice urinal, and the odor level isn't bad at all. So that's no longer a concern.
- Same for the heat. We actually have a very effective heater running now, and it's quite comfortable in there.
- The drink prices are actually reasonably in line for a gay bar (though some of the pricing is... odd). Mentioning direct complaints, or even that it's a little expensive for a straight bar, well... I'm not stopping ya.
- And, of course, mentioning that I'm awesome is never out of place.