Bruce (kor27) wrote,


I started waking up Saturday around noon. No, that's not quite right. I started dragging myself kicking and screaming into consciousness around noon. Most of me just wanted to get a decent amount of sleep, but that wasn't practical.

Of course, I still moved at my usual pace, so I didn't make it to the Dome until a bit after 3:00pm. But I at least made it then, and got to spend some time with my cousins Dean and Dorothy, and my uncle Charlie.

At least I think that's the relationship. Oddly, I'm not sure. Family was never all that important when I was growing up, and I hadn't seen any of these people since I was something like 8.

But you could tell we were related. Dorothy, Dean, and I had an almost identical sense of humor. It was sorta scary.

He apparently does competitive kite flying, and will be at some meet in Santa Cruz before too long. I may just try to figure out when that is and go.

Dorothy, sadly, lives across the country, when she isn't off with the Peace Corps. Likelihoods are I'll never see her again.

Charlie didn't seem to be all there. But then, he's roughly my dad's age.

They left before I had to, which meant the discussion immediately turned to my parents' idea of my becoming a publisher. There was quite a bit of discussion back and forth, most of it coming down to: They're worried about my income.

I fully sympathize with that. I'm worried about my income, and my ability to sell myself well enough to survive. So of course they want me to start doing something that would mostly require marketing skills...

It sorta degenerated into a form of "If you really need money, we'll give it to you," which was both sweet and more than a little disturbing. Quite a bit more than a little disturbing.

On that lovely note, I said goodbye, and headed down to the Hamptons for valeriesparks and Josh's baby shower. A wonderful group of people, and a particularly wonderful time. I hadn't seen Valerie in months. Much, much fun.

I didn't leave there until about midnight, right after jeffercine and I tried to remotely aid cekyr0 through the intricacies of SFO, subsequent to playing a game of "flight, flight, where's the flight?" about electrichobbit. Hopefully, that all worked out. If we were able to correctly guess the flight, he took off on time, but was delayed by an hour in the air.

That didn't sound all that good, and of course, we didn't do anything about checking the flight info until Alex called in, dizzy from circling the airport.

I've been home ever since, and alternating awake and asleep, some of the asleep part in the bed. Today's major task is attempting to catch up on the sleep I've missed in the last couple of days.

  • Stuff

    I have another little batch of new songs, this time some requests, but also several that just seemed interesting. The track count is up to 24,153,…

  • Yet More

    I've added a significant chunk of new songs. Granted, quite a few are from "Kiss Me, Kate", but hey. Take a look. There are a few very old requests…

  • A Fair Chunk

    I've added a reasonable chunk of new songs, mostly requests, some of them quite old. Take a look! The track count is up to 24,083, and the unique…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.