Bruce (kor27) wrote,


I eventually got to sleep yesterday, I don't know when. I do know I woke up around 5:00pm, having moved on to the drippy/coughy part of this disease.

Beats the hurly part, hands down.

I got ready in time for timenchanter and I to have a quick dinner at Panera before the bar.

The best description I heard for the night was Timmie's "The official unofficial David party." We had a large number of people, for a Monday or not. And a very large fraction of those have this latest disease, and would have stayed at home and rested, if not for a need to say goodbye. I've simply never heard so much coughing from the bar at large.

It was a busy, and quite profitable night for the bar. And I would quite happily give it all back, and quite some more besides, just to have another chance at making him snort his Guinness.

The dwo memorial booth has grown to a couple of tables. I'm not sure I've ever, even at funerals, seen so many pictures of one person in one place. Paula likes Timmie's idea of putting what we've got into a frame, and hanging it. I'm just not sure if we can find a frame big enough for a decent fraction of what's there...

She also wants to leave the memorial there, in the booth, at least through Thursday.

I don't know what to say. I survived. I made it more or less intact through all of my songs, even with my usual limited range cut down yet more. Several people suicided themselves out of David's envelope. I spontaneously did the same to a couple of others, and probably should have told them that was what I was doing.

I gave - and got - a lot of long hugs. remixedlatino accused me of trying to hug like David. Apparently I haven't hugged him much before, or he'd know that no, it's just something that David and I have always shared.

There was food, and a blaze of candles, and over it all, a lot of coughing. I mean really, a lot of coughing.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to pick songs for a roomful of people that have all lost their voices?

After the 7th, and last rotation, Timmie and I finished up our relative jobs, I loaded the car, somewhat melted the layer of ice on it, and then we had a leisurely supper at the Mini.

We got home at something like 4:00am. I've been trying to warm up my room ever since. It was 55° when I got here, and after over two hours, has made it all the way up to a balmy 66°. I also think I might - just might - be able to sleep if I tried, now. So I think I'm gonna try. Today's the princesskiti22 moving day. The earlier I am conscious, the better.

  • Stuff

    I have another little batch of new songs, this time some requests, but also several that just seemed interesting. The track count is up to 24,153,…

  • Yet More

    I've added a significant chunk of new songs. Granted, quite a few are from "Kiss Me, Kate", but hey. Take a look. There are a few very old requests…

  • A Fair Chunk

    I've added a reasonable chunk of new songs, mostly requests, some of them quite old. Take a look! The track count is up to 24,083, and the unique…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.