The show was not exactly profitable, like most Mondays, but it was one hell of a lot of fun. I believe I got several comments about how I was definitely enjoying myself too much...
One of the things that delayed me was a call from theblank, requesting that I give dwo a truly hard time. Essentially, treat David as Casey for the evening. I did my best, though of course it was hard to completely manage it without Casey's on-stage tantrums. Still, I don't think David would complain that I went too easy on him.
A few rare faces - Bob was back for a bit, and Janis came in for a couple of songs. supersniffles was there all night, which was cool, especially since she comes up and talks with me during the show.
So that was the show. Fun, people stuck around, most people sang their song, generally nice.
Then came the après-show. I needed to perform a rescue operation in San Francisco. From which I can derive a few truisms:
- Don't get hugely drunk in San Francisco unless you have a ride, a place to stay, or at least one friend there with you. This can be extended to most any metropolitan area.
- Don't expect to be able to do anything about your car if you do. That unmetered spot on the side of the street? Illegal after 2am for street sweeping. That garage? Closes at 10:00. Doomèd are you.
- I continue to be willing to do rather amazing things for my friends.
- timenchanter owes me BIG-TIME.
- If you happen to (a) be male and (b) look like a cracked-out homeless person, avoid coming up to me and stage whispering "I give great head." It won't get you anywhere, and will merely make me mildly nauseous.